Rants of the RuTHi3

Monday, December 06, 2004

I Miss Tamworth

spent 3 nights in Tamworth, north of Sydney...another town by itself abt 6 hrs by car or trainstayed with a good friend named Rebecca Ruth Barnes...or Beckie as I so affectionately call her
Beckie's got a great family...her mum, Jeanette, is ever so bubbly...juz like Beckie
her dad, Howard, is a funny man...
and there's her sister, Sarah, but she's gone on a Christian training event and thus she wasn't with us

the whole family's a great witness for Christ...so God-fearing, and God-centred
I think her family's gonna be my role model family to follow when I start one of my own...

Beckie's got a great big garden behind her house which has a cherry tree, a cherry plum tree, a pear tree, a crab apple tree, a peach tree, a nectarine tree, an orange tree, and probably some other random trees that I didn't notice cos they weren't bearing any recognisable fruits :p
the only tree that bears fruits that are ripe enough to eat is the cherry plum tree...and I would juz take a walk in the garden, pass by the cherry plum tree and pluck a fruit to eat...fresh from the tree! soooooo yummy!

we had a picnic lunch at a secluded river side...and that's where I learnt how to make things like prawn tacos, potato salads, and to skip stones!!! I think I'm addicted to skipping stones...wish there's a river and some pebbles here in front of me now :p

left Tamworth on Saturday and came back to Sydney
this time, I came back by train...as opposed to hitching a ride up to Tamworth in Beckie's carBeckie's not going to be back in Sydney anymore cos she's graduated from Uni and has gone back to Tamworth...afterwhich, she'll be doing some voluntary work for Christ

sigh...I miss Beckie...I miss Tamworth...the beautiful countryside, as compared to the buzzing city that I live in

sigh...still stuck in Sydney now...no confirmed flights home...
parents and family are coming on Wed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home