Rants of the RuTHi3

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A crowning in process

Oh yeah…my tooth is on its way to be crowned, to be a princess…ha ha!

Took the morning off yesterday, for yet another of my many dental appointments. That morning, it was for a crowning treatment, to cap the severely chipped off tooth, and it’s said to be ultra brittle. Now, I have a metal cap to cover it, and to protect it, while I wait for the mould to be done. Essentially, I’m having a special mould made in the shape of that brittle tooth, and have it capped over it, as a permanent structure. It’s got metal pieces inside to brace the tooth and to protect it from falling apart.

Expensive and tedious process. It takes 2 appointments to get it done, $300 per treatment. Bleh!
Oh well, when its gotta be done, its gotta be done.
My jaw was really tired after keeping it opened for an hour…and it eventually developed a headache...ggggrrr!

Next appointment’s in April…oh joy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home