Rants of the RuTHi3

Friday, May 06, 2005

Favouritism in the Kitchen

went to the international career fair...got nothing out of it cos they're mainly recruiting in HK...either that, or they're recruiting law students

anyway, went to the career fair at abt 5.45pm...kept aside dinner before I left
the kitchen was serving bak choy n toufu in oyster sauce for the vegetarians and only the vegetarians get it. If non-vego wants the vego dish, we need to wait till 6.15pm or 6.30pm when the kitchen is abt to close
thought I would be back after the kitchen closes, and I kinda want the vego dish badly cos it's toufu, and it's an asian dish...I'm a sucker for toufu :p
I actually got a bit thick-skinned, and approached Dan the chef...and asked if he could pack away the leftover vego dish for me in the fridge so that I can have some...and he nodded
came back at 6.35pm...cos the fair was a disappointment...and caught Dan in time...and he said there weren't any toufu left and so he cooked an additional plate for me...heaps of toufu n bak choy. Can see they were freshly cooked cos the toufu were deep fried and weren't soggy yet due to the oyster sauce
man! I felt soooo touched, and paiseh at the same time...I kinda asked if there were leftovers...and Dan cooked an additional plate specially for me...think it's like 2 servings on that plate
so I brought the plate of toufu n bak choy back to my room to slowly savour it...and watch Bewitched

I was really really touched...like, I sometimes get some form of favouritism in the kitchen by Dan who gives me extra or juz lets me have the toufu when he cooks it...or when he lets me take the all-popular ceasar salad way before dinnertime at 4.30pm (dinner starts at 5.15pm)...
but what he did tonight...man!
dad calls this favouritism in the kitchen...heez :p

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home