Roses and Dark Chocs
Woke up in the morning, to the sound of my alarm clock
"it's morning already? It seemed like 5mins ago that I closed my eyes to go to bed at 3.30am"
got to my computer, and switched on the screen, as I always do...and there I saw, a nice poem by a friend so dear - Mattie
___________________________
Roses and Dark Chocs
By Mattie G
As we wonder through our lives,
And strangers become friends.
Into each others lives entwine,
The straights, the bumps and bends.
On each other we do rest,
As tests and trials we face.
But with help we’ve come out best
And finished college mates
But alas, I have no way,
To open or reveal,
or set aside or mark a day,
To say just how I feel.
I find each year this day arrives
Sold to us by the shops
And told we are to give our lives
For roses and dark choc’s.
So I propose to do away
With love and lust and lies
To change the meaning of this day,
Named after Valentine.
And instead of boxed up hearts
And Seeking sensory gain
Thank those others in my life
Who’s friendships have remained.
And let you know in my own words,
From my mind and heart.
Just who to turn to if your world,
Or PC falls apart.
So my dearest Valentine,
In my newest sense,
I hope you have a day in line,
With all your friendship brings.
And remember, if in need,
On who you are to call.
If you need a friend indeed.
I’m Mattie in Newcastle.
"it's morning already? It seemed like 5mins ago that I closed my eyes to go to bed at 3.30am"
got to my computer, and switched on the screen, as I always do...and there I saw, a nice poem by a friend so dear - Mattie
___________________________
Roses and Dark Chocs
By Mattie G
As we wonder through our lives,
And strangers become friends.
Into each others lives entwine,
The straights, the bumps and bends.
On each other we do rest,
As tests and trials we face.
But with help we’ve come out best
And finished college mates
But alas, I have no way,
To open or reveal,
or set aside or mark a day,
To say just how I feel.
I find each year this day arrives
Sold to us by the shops
And told we are to give our lives
For roses and dark choc’s.
So I propose to do away
With love and lust and lies
To change the meaning of this day,
Named after Valentine.
And instead of boxed up hearts
And Seeking sensory gain
Thank those others in my life
Who’s friendships have remained.
And let you know in my own words,
From my mind and heart.
Just who to turn to if your world,
Or PC falls apart.
So my dearest Valentine,
In my newest sense,
I hope you have a day in line,
With all your friendship brings.
And remember, if in need,
On who you are to call.
If you need a friend indeed.
I’m Mattie in Newcastle.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home