Rants of the RuTHi3

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Frequently Asked Questions

Yesterday was the eve of the Lunar New Year. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. Just that I was super late for reunion dinner because of a wedding function. Wanted to oversee to ensure things went smoothly for a fussy couple.
Was quite pooped by the time I got home. Did the necessary preps, and went to bed at 2-ish. Same as the last 2 nights, I somehow fell asleep while sms-ing with a friend. HA!

Today's the 1st day of the Lunar New Year. Once again, it's been quite the usual, ie. LONG day of visiting! Left our house for grandma's at 8.15am! After that was 9 other destinations, all of whom are grandaunts and granduncles whom I meet once a year - CNY! Only managed to get home at 6.30pm. Imagine the "fun".

During today's visiting, I've managed to compile a list of "FAQs" that my relatives have asked me throughout the day. No offence to them. Not pissed off or anything. Afterall, we only meet once a year. So naturally, it's the "generic" questions to ask.

Of the questions, below are the commonly asked ones...
1. Are you back for good? --> DUH! aiyoh! been back for like 1 1/2 years!

2. Are you working now? --> YES!

3. Where are you working at? --> At a restaurant (no further elaboration)

4. So you're happy working there? --> Yup (They have a narrow viewpoint. Their thinking is that I'm a waitress...huh!? No...I'm the events personnel at the restaurant)

5. Got boyfriend or not? --> NO! (AIYOH! It seems the whole world is dying for me to find a boyfriend and get married!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home