Rants of the RuTHi3

Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Teachers’ Day

Singapore has set aside the 1st day of September, as a day to commemorate the hard work that our teachers have put in, to nurture our next generation.

As per previous years, on this day, I’ll text my form teacher from Sec 4, to wish him a “Happy Teachers’ Day”. And every year, we’ll spend the rest of the day texting each other, catching up on things. Yeah, being only 10 years my senior, he’s more like a friend. Did I mention I was his first batch of graduating students?

Anyway, when I text him this morning, his first reply read: “I was wondering where you’ve hidden to”. Next, he asked when I was getting married. Sigh…do teachers actually ask their students such questions? When I told him that it’ll not happen in the coming few years, and that he’ll have to wait for a number of years if he wants to receive my invite. He says he’s happy to wait. As long as he can count the years with 1 hand *Roll Eyes*

This is definitely NOT a conversation a person carry out with his/her teacher. Are you sure he’s my teacher? Bleh! Oh well…he’s still a good teacher, and a good friend. His friendship has been valuable and I’m thankful for a supportive teacher during my O Levels year =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home