July Celebration #2 - Grandaunt's Birthday
A week after my brother’s birthday was my grandaunt’s birthday. What’s the big deal, you may ask. Grandaunt’s a family person. She enjoys seeing her family, immediate and extended, all sitting together in the same place, enjoying a meal. So, each year, on her birthday, she’ll throw a grand feast, inviting everyone to dinner. This year, it’s held at Pine Court, in Meritus Mandarin.
So anyway, we’re invited to the dinner, and 11 July was blocked for the dinner. I had reminders from the family almost every single day that week, to remind me of dinner, to arrange when and where to meet the family because I’m going from work. Anyway, I’m proud to say that I was able to finish up a LOT of things that afternoon, mainly because I skipped lunch, and was able to leave work at 7pm!
Dinner was fantastic. The ambience of the restaurant was homely and definitely, very Chinese. Good food. Good wine. No doubt. Service was OK, I reckon. The funny part was, my glass of wine was shared with EVERYONE in my family. Yeah, sounds very “communion” like, eh? Haha!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home