woke up at 11.55am this morning, after falling asleep with my lights on at 4am...
laid in bed, debating whether or not to go out to play badminton this arvo...
didn't wanna go cos I'm still sleepy (badminton is at 1-6pm)...and also cos I wanna finish up with my finance revision (still at it)
yet, I wanna go cos I need to release energy n stress, and also cos had dinner appointment with friends...an elderly guy, whom we call Uncle, but he's like a mentor and father figure to a certain extent...
anyway, Uncle arranged for me, another guy n gal to have dinner with him at the Singaporean/Malaysian restaurant near uni...
went to play badminton in the end...no regrets over it
cos it's juz so good to sweat it out...and besides, badminton is the luv of my life, but of cos, God is still the first luv :p
and u have no idea how good it felt when u juz hit shuttle for a smash and u hear the resounding "Bang!" when the shuttle n racket came in contact as u hit...fwah! soooo shiok sia! and to make it better, the shuttle has been going, pretty much, in the direction n way that I meant for it to go...ie. my strokes were there today
woohoo!!
anyway...went out for dinner...Singaporean/Malaysian restaurant...they have things like laksa, curry, satay, chicken rice, prata, murtabak, etc...but woah! it's expensive! duh! this is Aussie Land we're talking abt!
Uncle did the ordering...cos he's been there, he knows what's good...and he's the one buying us dinner, so we respect his decision
our order came up to...ok, all u pple who are stuck in aussie land and missing home food (though I reckon u pple can whip things up too esp when u're staying out on ur own with ur own kitchen, unlike urs truly)...and for all in Sg...I really doubt we get to eat this everyday...even my dad says it's better food than he had for dinner today...wahahaha!
now...where was I? oh yah...dinner order...
we had fish head curry, belachan kang kong, sambal sotong, and butter prawns...and yes, rice
YUUUUMMM!!
I went for half a fish head cos there like like 2 fish heads in there...sooooo good! the cheeks are all so tender and the chef did a good job in clearing all the scales...yum! I ate practically every possible meat u can find on that head, except for the eye
the kang kong was soooo yummy...I was so chilli deprived that I even ate the chilli slices in there!
butter prawns...man! I don't even get this when I'm home!
everything was spiced properly...super good...it's those "omph" feeling when u eat spicy stuffs...we were practically sniffing from the spice, but gooooood!
and Uncle juz did what all elderly luvs to do...he kept piling food on all our plates...and I think he's basically happy to see us enjoy the food...ha ha!
huh? bill? it came up to A$83.50...which is abt S$106
did I mention that Uncle is abt 80 years old?
and he plays badminton! woah!
well...he's not that mobile and agile (duh!), but he has that strength...woah!
and I said he's like a mentor cos he's able to observe how we play and give us tips...like he taught the other 2 to play, though they're not like super good, but there's heaps improvement
as for me...cos I've got the base and basics, he's basically juz observing and pointing out mistakes and giving suggestions...some of which doesn't make sense, but the rest does work n make sense
he's like a father figure cos he's usually there to keep a look out for us in the hall...making sure that we aren't taken advantage of...
ok...enough of slack from my finance revision
came back after dinner to have my shower and then napped for 1 1/2 hrs...and then study
still studying...last chapter
eyes are tired now...but hoping that I can pull thru
laid in bed, debating whether or not to go out to play badminton this arvo...
didn't wanna go cos I'm still sleepy (badminton is at 1-6pm)...and also cos I wanna finish up with my finance revision (still at it)
yet, I wanna go cos I need to release energy n stress, and also cos had dinner appointment with friends...an elderly guy, whom we call Uncle, but he's like a mentor and father figure to a certain extent...
anyway, Uncle arranged for me, another guy n gal to have dinner with him at the Singaporean/Malaysian restaurant near uni...
went to play badminton in the end...no regrets over it
cos it's juz so good to sweat it out...and besides, badminton is the luv of my life, but of cos, God is still the first luv :p
and u have no idea how good it felt when u juz hit shuttle for a smash and u hear the resounding "Bang!" when the shuttle n racket came in contact as u hit...fwah! soooo shiok sia! and to make it better, the shuttle has been going, pretty much, in the direction n way that I meant for it to go...ie. my strokes were there today
woohoo!!
anyway...went out for dinner...Singaporean/Malaysian restaurant...they have things like laksa, curry, satay, chicken rice, prata, murtabak, etc...but woah! it's expensive! duh! this is Aussie Land we're talking abt!
Uncle did the ordering...cos he's been there, he knows what's good...and he's the one buying us dinner, so we respect his decision
our order came up to...ok, all u pple who are stuck in aussie land and missing home food (though I reckon u pple can whip things up too esp when u're staying out on ur own with ur own kitchen, unlike urs truly)...and for all in Sg...I really doubt we get to eat this everyday...even my dad says it's better food than he had for dinner today...wahahaha!
now...where was I? oh yah...dinner order...
we had fish head curry, belachan kang kong, sambal sotong, and butter prawns...and yes, rice
YUUUUMMM!!
I went for half a fish head cos there like like 2 fish heads in there...sooooo good! the cheeks are all so tender and the chef did a good job in clearing all the scales...yum! I ate practically every possible meat u can find on that head, except for the eye
the kang kong was soooo yummy...I was so chilli deprived that I even ate the chilli slices in there!
butter prawns...man! I don't even get this when I'm home!
everything was spiced properly...super good...it's those "omph" feeling when u eat spicy stuffs...we were practically sniffing from the spice, but gooooood!
and Uncle juz did what all elderly luvs to do...he kept piling food on all our plates...and I think he's basically happy to see us enjoy the food...ha ha!
huh? bill? it came up to A$83.50...which is abt S$106
did I mention that Uncle is abt 80 years old?
and he plays badminton! woah!
well...he's not that mobile and agile (duh!), but he has that strength...woah!
and I said he's like a mentor cos he's able to observe how we play and give us tips...like he taught the other 2 to play, though they're not like super good, but there's heaps improvement
as for me...cos I've got the base and basics, he's basically juz observing and pointing out mistakes and giving suggestions...some of which doesn't make sense, but the rest does work n make sense
he's like a father figure cos he's usually there to keep a look out for us in the hall...making sure that we aren't taken advantage of...
ok...enough of slack from my finance revision
came back after dinner to have my shower and then napped for 1 1/2 hrs...and then study
still studying...last chapter
eyes are tired now...but hoping that I can pull thru

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home