Workaholic?
1st official day of work in da office
almost killed myself...I stayed back 1+ hrs to complete what I was doing...
came home, and I can still think of work
argh!
I think I'm turning workaholic...go shower also think...then can still ask my father for suggestions
*roll eyes*
anyway, one of my 2 bosses said I was too cheery n bubbly
what the!?
she said I should put on a more corporate tone when answering the phone n taking down reservations. But hor...when doing such thing, shouldn't I be a little cheery n add some keenness in welcoming the guest? besides, 80% of our guests are ang mohs...they're juz such jovial pple!
she makes no sense...
but hey...I do tone down a bit...though I think too formal a tone can be intimidating, and hostile. A bit of corporate tone, a bit of bubbly...mix this 2, and I reckon I'm fine...right?
hmz...
almost killed myself...I stayed back 1+ hrs to complete what I was doing...
came home, and I can still think of work
argh!
I think I'm turning workaholic...go shower also think...then can still ask my father for suggestions
*roll eyes*
anyway, one of my 2 bosses said I was too cheery n bubbly
what the!?
she said I should put on a more corporate tone when answering the phone n taking down reservations. But hor...when doing such thing, shouldn't I be a little cheery n add some keenness in welcoming the guest? besides, 80% of our guests are ang mohs...they're juz such jovial pple!
she makes no sense...
but hey...I do tone down a bit...though I think too formal a tone can be intimidating, and hostile. A bit of corporate tone, a bit of bubbly...mix this 2, and I reckon I'm fine...right?
hmz...

2 Comments:
Looks like your boss wants to create a "formal" environment for her clients.. instead of a friendly one.
By
daphne, At
9:11 AM
problem is...
most of the time, the guests who call in to reserve a table...they're ang moh...
very friendly and chirpy...muz reciprocate also mah
anyway, I don't like that boss...she's the executive director, mother of my other boss who is much friendlier
can sense that even the attachment student also don't like her...stay out of her way
ha ha!!
By
Ruthie, At
9:05 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home