Rants of the RuTHi3

Sunday, February 26, 2006

twice...in 5 mins!

happened when I went to buy lunch with a colleague yesterday

at the malay stall...
colleague was conversing with the lady in malay...then talk talk...heard something abt "philippines", and my colleague was looking at me
and I was like nudging him n asking what...and he said that the aunty asked if I was from Philippines...and I was like "Nooooo"
so, she asked where I was from. I told her I'm Singapore. And she said in malay if I knew how to speak malay...and I was like "noooooo"
my colleague was like laughing...and I was -_-!!!

at the drinks stall...
order milk tea for another colleague to bring back...initially the uncle spoke in malay with my colleague...so I ordered in english
then when he speaks chinese, I decided to speak chinese too
after paying, here's how the conversation went:
Uncle: u speak Chinese well
me: cos I'm Chinese what
Uncle: really ah?

argh!! twice, in 5 mins!!
my colleague was laughing all the way back to the restaurant
sigh...am I not local?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home