Rants of the RuTHi3

Monday, June 22, 2009

Facing Death

What will you do when you know death is just at your doorstep?
How will you feel and how will you approach this topic?

The topic’s a little melodramatic, but I guess it’s something we’ll have to face up to some day.

Was watching a documentary on tv last Monday, featuring a pair of Siamese twins, conjoined on their abdomen, living up to 57 years old. And because they share some of their internal organs, when one dies, it’s expected for the other to die within a very short period of time.
The doctors on the documentary said they’ll probably sedate the “surviving” twin, while he awaits death. Wonder how the either one of the twin will feel when the other passes on.

Closer to home, my grandaunt was diagnosed with the last stages of cancer a couple of months back. And because it’s in the last stages of the disease, the doctors have decided against any form of therapy. In essence, she was just waiting her time. This morning, she passed on. Again, I wonder how she had felt knowing she was coming to the end of her life.

So, how will I react when I know death is approaching? Will I actually leave this place with a smile on my face? Personally, I don’t know.

I know I’ll have lots of things which are left undone. Yet, at the same time, I pray I’ll be prepared to leave this place, to meet my Lord and find eternal rest with Him.
So, I guess, for now, I am thankful for every single day that the Lord gives me. I shall continue to grow and walk with the Lord, and proclaim His victory day after day. And, I pray, as I meet Him, God will say “Well done, good and faithful servant.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home