Rants of the RuTHi3

Monday, March 07, 2005

Don't people get it?

hmz...ever come across a situation where the student ask something from the lecturer, and the lecturer declines, saying that it's not within his power; or the student doesn't meet the requirement; to such an act cannot be done; etc.

well, I've juz come across that in my Marketing lecture today...
oh man! u should have seen the persistence in the student! I can really feel the lecturer's patience wearing out. The 1st student was asking if he could get an exemption from the lecturer, claiming that he's done a similar course in his High School, which is like our A Levels...and the lecturer said that it's not applicable, unless the student did something similar to a diploma sort...a A Level cert doesn't qualify.
and the student kept persisting, and the lecturer had to repeat himself over and over again...
man! poor lecturer!!

after that, another student asked something regarding some tutorial slot...and I heard the lecturer explaining over and over again that the tut class is full, and to enrol in another timeslot...
man! and the student juz repeating herself...and so did the lecturer

oh my gosh! imagine the exasperation!!
as a third party, I felt it...why can't they?
don't they juz get it? accept it! it's a logical reason! we cannot put our lecturer in the spot too...they are, afterall, juz paid employees...they aren't the boss!
I mean...it's reasonable to ask of things that are within his power...but once his/her reason is logical and understandable, we shouldn't push for it.
things like exemption...comeon! it's like asking for exemption for Engineering Maths 1 juz cos u did A Maths in O Levels...what the!?
on my part...I've already tried asking for an exemption for Marketing...even the school didn't allow me any exemption, let alone some guy who did it as a subject in A Levels! if that's the case, might as well not take all these 1st year fundamental subjects!

oh well...I'm juz ranting...
juz feeling the exasperation...I think I felt it for the lecturer...
he's a kind man...a bit long-winded, but he's a kind man...
I'm really impressed with him...cos after that guy, he turned to another student with a smiley face and tried to be helpful...
and when he's sincerely wanting to help, the next student didn't get the message drilled into her head
argh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home