Rants of the RuTHi3

Saturday, December 03, 2005

good food, good company

it was the girls' last day of attachment at the restaurant on Friday and so Steph decided we have luncheon at our restaurant.
food was great! baby octopus salad, venison...followed by an assortment of desserts
yuuumm! so full!
what was really weird was to have ur own colleagues serve u...ha ha!
we had a great time...chatting abt random things, and playing around.
erm...I left my stack of photos (which I always send out to clients) in the office (did I mention that I left my keys there last night too? gggrrr...)

anyway, after that luncheon, I've decided that maybe we should do dessert on 30th Dec (D, P n me...as D suggested, but we have not put it across to P).
dessert was really good, especially the valrhona choco fondant! think we can serve it with mocha sorbet or bailey's ice-cream...yuuum! D, how? there's not much reservations for that evening yet...want me to go ahead with the reservation? Table for 3, at abt 9.15pm? We'll have simple local delights first...let me know, ya? Last order is at 10pm. Or if we wanna do walk in...erm...difficult lah, hor?

today, went out to meet Kim again...had luncheon with her, at Mac cos I was craving for it...haven't had it in ages (wanna know something else? I'm falling sick, and I'm having Mac :p)
did a bit of shopping, and actually met Yuwei n Val on our way back at City Hall MRT...they were on the way to meet the gang...am I that difficult to contact!? why doesn't anybody tell me abt such dinners!?

gggrrr...anyway, meet my parents at YCK MRT, and we went to Jalan Kayu for dinner...teochew porridge
man! it was so good! we order 2 dishes from the ala carte menu (required), and went for the porridge buffet at $3.90/pax! had peanuts, salted egg, salted veg, "mei cai", steamed egg (very smooth!), fried cabbage, clams, etc.
such good food...and having it with my parents. Ever since I've started working, I've been having dinners with my family on Sat evenings...cos I don't go home for dinner on weekdays, mainly cos I reach home around 8pm, and am not hungry to have dinner since I always have late lunches (anywhere between 2.30pm n 4.30pm). So, mum only cooks my portion of soup for me...lotus root soup, water cress soup, peanut soup, etc.
so, Sat dinners with parents...go out eat yummy stuffs, shop a bit with them...and on Sundays, mum will cook dinner...so all moi home cooked food! YUUUM!

there u have it...good food, good company

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home