Rants of the RuTHi3

Thursday, April 19, 2007

All in a Day's Work

Work was very fast-paced yesterday

There was a wine dinner, and everybody was busy with the prep and setting up.
Kitchen was preparing the food; Front of House was setting up the tables, polishing the glassware, folding the napkins; Office was busy with the printing of menus and finalization of reservations. PHEW!
Not much rest, basically. Not even time to eat lunch. So by the time evening came, I was shaking – a good combination of the lack of food, caffeine (2 cups), adrenaline, and stress!

I was done with work by 8pm. Took a cab down to Kim Seng Plaza for a bowling session. I reckon it was a rather good game, with me scoring 88 in my second game. That’s like probably my highest score thus far. Ok, I suck at bowling. How’s that? Ha ha!

It was break fast time at 10pm…yay!

By the end of the day, I had a lame conversation, and a super funny one that I almost died laughing when I got home.

Lame Conversation

Background Info: SK blogged about his 2 greatest fear – height, and water

My girls: So! Now we know what SK fears!
R: SK, you fear water, and you fear height. Do you fear God?
SK: Yup
R: Good! Cos if you don't fear God, I doub't you're wise =P

Reference: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom
________________________________

Funny Conversation #1

Background: After dinner, we were waiting for a friend to go to another friend’s car to get his bowling stuffs

J: Wait here for me
*Ruth walks a bit more*
K: Oi! Don’t understand ah? He says to wait here *points to the spot*
R: Huh? Why here? Not there?
K: Where?
R & K (In unison): There *points to rubbish dump across the road*
*Stares at each other. Laughs*
K: So lame!
R (At the exact same time): Not funny…

________________________________

Funny Conversation #2

Background Info: Friend was pulling one of those bags with rollers. He places his bowling ball in there.

K: Why doesn’t J wanna take this shortcut down to his house?
R: Because he needs to roll back.
*pause*
R: Ok…that didn’t sound quite right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home