He’s a big boy now
Haven’t continued with my journey in Sydney …mainly due to the busy work load this week, with the launch of new menus, extra functions and lots of weddings in the month of May & June. There’s also the restaurant’s 4th anniversary party to plan for. So, lots of things to do. I shall resume Sydney Days 6 to 9 as soon as I can.
Anyway, my brother’s got his enlistment letter a couple of days ago, and he’s going to report for his National Service in slightly more than a month’s time. How time flies, that this fella is now all grown up. Though different from his peers, he’s still a sweet, loving boy, who loves his family heaps loads. God made him a family boy, who looks up to his parents greatly and does his best to obey them.
I remember, just 20 years ago, when he decides to come into this world on the same day that the family shifts house, and moved over to Bishan! All were teasing that he knew that the new house was ready, and hence he wants to stay there instead of the old unit. What followed were years of joy of growing up with him; and yes, lots of pain too, where we fought and disagreed. But, the love’s still there. I love this squirt. He’ll always remain a squirt in the family’s eyes, I reckon.
As he enlists in June, I pray for good superiors, and for him to grow and mature in camp. Praying also for God’s wisdom and protection; and for Squirt’s faith to continue to grow in Christ.
Anyway, my brother’s got his enlistment letter a couple of days ago, and he’s going to report for his National Service in slightly more than a month’s time. How time flies, that this fella is now all grown up. Though different from his peers, he’s still a sweet, loving boy, who loves his family heaps loads. God made him a family boy, who looks up to his parents greatly and does his best to obey them.
I remember, just 20 years ago, when he decides to come into this world on the same day that the family shifts house, and moved over to Bishan! All were teasing that he knew that the new house was ready, and hence he wants to stay there instead of the old unit. What followed were years of joy of growing up with him; and yes, lots of pain too, where we fought and disagreed. But, the love’s still there. I love this squirt. He’ll always remain a squirt in the family’s eyes, I reckon.
As he enlists in June, I pray for good superiors, and for him to grow and mature in camp. Praying also for God’s wisdom and protection; and for Squirt’s faith to continue to grow in Christ.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home