Rants of the RuTHi3

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Facing Death 2

Was at Grandaunt’s wake on Monday and Tuesday evening; didn’t go for the funeral on Wednesday morning due to work commitment.

At the wake, we found out from Granduncle how organized she was in planning for her own funeral.
Apparently, she had prepared her coffin, clothes, niche, hall for the wake services, and some other “funeral” aspects after the doctor diagnosed her disease as terminal.

Reflecting, I doubt I’ll be able to meet death in the face, with such a brave front as her. But, I’ll really love to have the following prepared before I die:-
1. Photo selection for the niche and casket
2. Coffin and the clothes selection to place this earthly body of mine
3. Funeral service plan – hymns/songs, Scripture passage, etc.
4. Goodbye notes to my loved ones
One can only wonder if I’ll ever do it. I think I can start by planning the funeral service?

It’s been a mellow 2 posts. I promise the next will be something happier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home