Rants of the RuTHi3

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I'm a broken gal :(

woke up at 8.50am on Sunday morning...cos I had badminton tournament at 9.30am!
eeeekkkz!
I was dumb enough to go play singles, ladies doubles, and mixed doubles
well...I thought of playing singles n mixed...and then since there's like 4 hrs in between for waiting time, so I agreed to play ladies doubles as well...juz for the fun of it

half asleep in my 1st 2 matches of singles...3rd match, I finally woke up...but winning 1 game in round robin wasn't sufficient...oh well!
ladies doubles was erm...me slacking...so we won 1 match, and lost the other 2...ha ha! slacker! prob also cos I wasn't used to my partner...however, she's a sweet lady...yes, I said lady...cos she's a mother...and her son's like all graduated from uni n all...yeah, anyway...she's sweet...been very encouraging n positive throughout the matches...
mixed doubles was rather infuriating...but, what can I do?
opponents this time round was much much stronger...and guys, especially, were stronger...smashes are stronger, more stamina, more experience n training, blah blah blah...
anyway, my partner is an aggressive player...but he doesn't really play the game...in the sense...it's common sense that if the opponent is strong, u play soft shots like drop shots...u don't drive the shot back to the opponent...
yupz...u guessed it...my parnter did quite that...and it was like throwing the egg against the rock

oh well...all for the fun of it, I guess
playing in such tournaments always make me miss all my badminton pals back home...all the fun we had juz playing on n off training sessions, or during tournaments like NP Open or Inter-Club, etc.
too many friends to name...don't wanna attempt to name too...else someone says I'm heartless should I miss his/her name out :p

anyway, I played 10 matches on Sunday...and I stayed in the hall for 10 hrs (9.30am to 7.15pm)...
so, if each match lasted abt 30mins...I played a match every hour!
and yah...my body hurts big big big time yesterday, and still hurts today
ain't as bad as yesterday...cos last night, K gave me a back massage which lasted abt an hr, with 3 time outs...cos the pain was simply unbearable...almost close to tears! today, it's mostly my legs that hurt...my back still hurts, but not as bad as yesterday
I'm broken...very broken...think I shan't play badminton tonight...juz rest...recuperate...and study for my test!
heez...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home