Rants of the RuTHi3

Thursday, August 30, 2007

What a day!

Oh my! what a day this has been!
Still, I thank the Lord for this day, for He had things done in His plan...and He helped me through all day

My day started off on the bad foot, literally (I'll explain later), but it gradually got better...

Reached the restaurant, and was taking a flight of stairs down to the bar because somebody forgot to hang up the phone last night. On my way down, I did a mis-calculation - thought I was on the last step, but I was actually on the 2nd last. That means, I missed my footing, and fell, resulting in 2 scraped knees (bleeding), and a slightly twisted ankle.

The day got worse by having 2 function...1 of which were super fuss pots, and I was running in and out of the restaurant to ensure everything's to their satisfaction. It came to a point that I was polishing a panel for them. An the Asst Mgr came along asking "WAH! Who are these people that even my Marketing Mgr is cleaning a panel for them!?"

So yah, while this group of "VIPs" settled in, another group of function pple came along, and requesting to see me. This was a good group. They merely wanted to say HI. ha ha!
and ooohh! I was dashing in and out between the restaurant and my office the whole morning, with my sore knees and achy ankle, on my heels (pple call them the killer heels)

As if the day isn't mind-sapping enough, I've got a potential guest who asks for the sky, and compares us with another restaurant who isn't quite our competitor. ARGH!
Oh well, humility, patience and self-control. That's what our God is trying to teach me.

By 4pm, my day starting to turn for the better. Less phone calls, less demanding pple, more peace. I was able to finish my work by 8pm. And to end it off the good way, dad called to say he's picking me up from work! See how God works? While I'm in pain and having wobbly ankles, He sends dad to along.

To top it off, I had home-cooked dinner...after starving the whole day! YUM!

I'm thankful. I'm grateful.
God is our helper. Be joyful and give thanks at all times!

I'm happy now...badminton tomorrow...woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home