Rants of the RuTHi3

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

1/4 Century Old...eeek!

Yes, so I’m a quarter century old, but that doesn’t make me an old foggy, k? I’m still very young, and in fact, in the prime of my life!

What better way to celebrate my birthday by serving the Lord? The moment the clock hit 12am, I started by thanking God for my existence. Slightly more than 9 hours later, I was leading worship in the youth service. With God’s wisdom and Him at work, the worship, ODB sharing and sermon tied in altogether perfectly!
There’s no words to describe this awe that I had at the way the service worked out. Also, I had a wonderful worship team to back me up. Thanks heaps everyone – J, JE, Zhiwei, SK, Moth and Ian…how can I forget the PA team too? There’s Joshua and Odelia…whee!!

Yeah…after service came the regular birthday celebration, which everyone started greeting “Happy 25th!”, and I’m like -_-!!!

And there’s BS birthday celebration, which they’ve retained me in the MP Hall, before I went in search of my parents for Dim Sum lunch, which was average.
Dragon Gate Restaurant at Harbourfront was where we headed towards. A year ago, when prices were $15.80++, the food was decent and yummy. A year later, prices soared to $17.80++, and the food standard seem to have dropped a little – a tad too oily in one, too much salt in another. One thing didn’t change though, and that was the dessert – Cold Sago with Coconut and fruits. Yum!

See my beautiful girls? And there’s Aunty Pris too…haha!! Tabby’s missing in this photo


Me…at lunch…wondering what else I can order


After a bit of walking to digest lunch, I met up with the girls for another round of celebration. What followed after, was a monorail ride into Sentosa, a short walk by beach, drinks by Bora Bora, and last a scrumptous Sushi dinner. Yay! We had wanted to ride the luge, but it was too crowded. That suited me quite well, because that means more sister bonding time! Wheeeee!! Whille we chilled by the beach, over magaritas and stuffs, the phone rang and we spent 40 minutes on the phone with dear Ben, who screamed his head off me when I told him I couldn’t pitch to the Doxology that morning at service.

Dinner was Japanese, requested by the birthday girl, who absolutely loves soba noodles and sashimi…and soft shell crab! And so, after our round of drinks, we headed back to Vivocity, and into Sushi Tei for dinner, where we ordered all of the above-mentioned food, and lots of sushi! There, the girls presented me my birthday presents, along with a really absurd story that really makes my eyes roll. But yeah, they’re good with the story making…cos I can never come up with something like that…ha ha!! And they’ve got anklets for each of us, as a symbol of our friendship. An anklet was what I told myself I wanted to get for myself, for birthday. And now, I’ve got them who bought it for me! Yay!

From left: Peg, Daf, Ruthie


Us…on the way…with an embarassing story behind, which I shan’t elaborate


Up, up…and away?


I’ve always loved the beach…so pretty and serene


That’s me…acting cool


Peggy’s withdrawing money for my dinner


Celebration didn’t end there, because dad bought a durian cake from EmiCakes, and we went home to cut the cake. We were stuffed from dinner, and had to struggle with our slice of cake. Thankfully, there were leftovers for me to enjoy the next day…ha ha!!

That night, I read all the cards, looked through all my pressies, and I felt super loved. Like I shared with Peggy, I’m almost never the star of any occasion, and today, I felt like the star and was just overwhelmed…didn’t know how best to react.
To all who made my birthday memorable, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Oh yeah…while I was like “Oh boy! I’m a quarter century old!!”, the coffeeshop uncle called me “Xiao Mei”, which immediately reminded me of Jeanette at the S11 coffeeshop. When I shared this with JE, she reminded me that a certain brother of ours, though a month my senior, has been said that he’s a father of 2! So, I guess I’m thankful that I’m still…Xiao Mei! AHAHAHAHA!!

Me and my Durian Cake…Premium D24…yuummmmyy!


My pressies from J, JE, Viv, D, B, P, Jackson and my BS group

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home