Rants of the RuTHi3

Monday, May 26, 2008

A Dip in the Pool

The weather’s been so hot. My usual swimming buddies are not around.
But it’s ok, I’ve found a new swimming buddy...yay! Anyway, we’ve been saying that we should go swimming for yonks, and it never eventuated either because one of us is not free, or the weather doesn’t permit – it always rains on days we want to go swimming.

Yes, it was OK weather to swim yesterday. And yes, it did rain…after the swim, though. In fact, we left the pool quite reluctantly when we saw the clouds overhead and little droplets fell from the sky. It poured by the time we finished our shower. Boo!

In that couple of hours, several hilarious conversations occurred, and I practically laughed my head off.

On my way out…
Dad: Are you wearing your bikini to the pool?
Me: erm…yah? Cos all my swim suits are 2 piece suit?
Dad: So, are you wearing the one for display (ie. Beach wear)? Or the one for swimming?
Me: *roll eyes*

Somehow, as I swam towards the wall, I ended up in between 2 small swimming classes!
Class on my left
Coach: Ok…I’m going to release you, and you’ll need to blow bubbles under water
Student: You’ll count to 3, then release me, right?
Coach: No? ‘Cos if I do that, you’ll know when I’ll release. You’re supposed to be prepared.

Class on my right
Coach: When you swim towards the wall of the pool, and there’s another person swimming towards the wall, always watch out for signs. If the person pauses for a while, looking left and right, do not think he or she is stopping. If you decide to smile at the person, you’ll end up at the bottom of the pool, crying
(That’s cos the swimmer was going to make a turn and swim back to the other side of the pool)

So there you have it…3 conversations to share, and on that afternoon, we’ve also established that while J’s slow on land, she’s fairly quick in the water. I reckon, it’s the same for all turtles, right?

Can't wait to go swimming again =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home