Work @ the Restaurant
If you’re still unaware of my job scope, I work as an events exec with a local restaurant here. What do I do? I liaise with all sorts of people to help them organize their parties – weddings, corporate, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Generally, the bigger the party, the greater my stress.
On top of that, there’s the daily operations – restaurant’s reservations, housekeeping, etc. that I help oversee, especially the reservations. In essence, I’ve got to ensure that when guests make the reservation, they truly have the table, and to work with the managers on how each area will be set up for lunch/dinner that day. This means that the phone at my desk rings NON-STOP, sometimes having all 3 lines ringing at the same time.
Having said all these, work can still be fun. These bunch of people are generally fun-loving. A couple will try to empathise with me. Some will try to help. And when we’re not working, we’re definitely having mindless chatters, and lots of teasing.
Earlier in the month, we turned 4 years old, and had a birthday bash. Among those invited are our close friends and family who have supported us in many ways, our suppliers, and our regular guests. So, it was a time for us to not only work, but also to get to know our guests better and to mingle with them. Daphne, Armand, Peggy and Rane came to the party too. Unfortunately, I didn’t get much time to chat with them.
That afternoon was spent setting up the restaurant to a cocktail style, with me finalizing the guest list and the door gifts. And in the evening, it was welcoming the guests while others serve the food and wines. Last, it was to HAVE FUN!
In the nutshell, I love my job because of the fun I get from people I meet, and the staff. Job satisfaction is when I see my guests very happy. I dislike my job because of the stress and people taking me for granted. Best of all, I don’t have to work on Sundays!
On top of that, there’s the daily operations – restaurant’s reservations, housekeeping, etc. that I help oversee, especially the reservations. In essence, I’ve got to ensure that when guests make the reservation, they truly have the table, and to work with the managers on how each area will be set up for lunch/dinner that day. This means that the phone at my desk rings NON-STOP, sometimes having all 3 lines ringing at the same time.
Having said all these, work can still be fun. These bunch of people are generally fun-loving. A couple will try to empathise with me. Some will try to help. And when we’re not working, we’re definitely having mindless chatters, and lots of teasing.
Earlier in the month, we turned 4 years old, and had a birthday bash. Among those invited are our close friends and family who have supported us in many ways, our suppliers, and our regular guests. So, it was a time for us to not only work, but also to get to know our guests better and to mingle with them. Daphne, Armand, Peggy and Rane came to the party too. Unfortunately, I didn’t get much time to chat with them.
That afternoon was spent setting up the restaurant to a cocktail style, with me finalizing the guest list and the door gifts. And in the evening, it was welcoming the guests while others serve the food and wines. Last, it was to HAVE FUN!
In the nutshell, I love my job because of the fun I get from people I meet, and the staff. Job satisfaction is when I see my guests very happy. I dislike my job because of the stress and people taking me for granted. Best of all, I don’t have to work on Sundays!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home