Drink Your Milk
All kids are advised to drink milk, so they have strong teeth and bones.
As a child, I hated the taste of milk. And as I grew up, I developed what I now call a conditioned known as Selective Lactose Intolerance, ie. I choose to be lactose intolerant towards certain dairy products. I dislike the taste of milk, especially powdered formula. Fresh milk are tolerable. I love ice-cream, yoghurt and cheese.
Growing up, I was quite convinced that I’ll suffer from osteoporosis in time to come.
At my recent trip to the dentist, I decided to change that. Here’s the revised view:-
My years of playing badminton have built up a very decent bone density, that’s keeping my bones strong and less hollow, and thus the reduced probability of broken bones.
My teeth, which also requires calcium for fortify, are not doing well. They are, apparently, weak and brittle, and very susceptible to enamel wear and tear. In short, my teeth decay and chip very easily.
And so, my goal for 2009 will be to do all I can to strengthen my teeth, including brushing and flossing, applying a fortifying gel prescribed by the dentist everyday, reduced acidic food intake, increased calcium intake (calcium tablets, not milk!), and to drink more water to reduce the acidity of the saliva.
Will I succeed? Only time will tell…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home