Rants of the RuTHi3

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Candle Wick is Burning Out

It’s been a week since I last posted an entry, but I don’t think many people visit anyway. Afterall, there’s no specific theme to the blog, unlike the foodie blog that Daphne has. It’s simply an area where I try to keep other people, if any, updated on the boring life I lead.
And while many doodled around with the mechanics of blogger, I merely typed to vent all frustrations – don’t possess the IT expertise.

The last week had been trying on my end. In fact, the afore statement is understating the actual events. Perhaps it was indeed a test of my patience and self-control. Perhaps it’s just me being super burnt out. Regardless, work had been mentally tiring.

Situations that are not within my control becomes my liability, and my fault.
Tasks that are obviously not within my job scope becomes my responsibility.
Information that I do not have and others require, is my problem and I should find out.
Events/Functions that are not handled by myself, I’m to be fully aware of the details to pass it on. If the wrong information is passed on, it’s my fault.
Things within my job scope, are still my responsibility and nobody’s willing to help when I need.
When the phone rings, it’s not everybody’s responsibility. Rather, it’s Ruth. She has a pair of ears, to pick up 3 phone lines!

So tell me, am I burnt out? Or have I been taken for granted? Then again, many of my colleagues are also tired. So can I fault them for passing on their duties to me? I think I need a break soon. But, so do my colleagues, right?
I’m planning a trip back to Sydney. I want to spend a week catching up with friends, and doing stuffs that I miss doing – like the beach, and ice-cream, and all the yummy seafood.
Will I have the time? The plan is to go in March, just before Easter, so that I can visit the Royal Easter Show once again.
I can list down a whole list of things I want to do, places I want to revisit, friends whom I want to dine with and catch up with, etc.
But, it all comes back to the some questions: When will it eventuate? Will I even be able to go? It’s 5 months down the road…will I be able to last this long?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home