Rants of the RuTHi3

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Since Christmas...

I realized I’ve not blogged for ages, and many thanks for a certain UNCLE who reminded me as well.
December has been the craziest period in my last year…while everybody’s enjoying the festivities, the restaurant was busy big time, with loads of functions and events. On top of that, we’ve got our own Christmas and New Year party to plan and host, and execute…there’s the office to renovate…and in church, it’s mostly caroling.

While my best friends managed to meet up in Perth, I was green…green with envy because they’re all celebrating the festivities together and traveling, and green because I was totally flat and tired out, ie. Face green green (direct Chinese translation)
My dear friends had to put up with all my nuisances, and they were sweet to remember me all the way. Thanks darlings!

Christmas and New Year was spent in a very similar manner, if you ask me. I slept through both holidays. I had a major migraine that sent me to bed on both eves. I spent Christmas Day in church, and New Year’s Eve in church too.

Christmas was fun-filled in church, with caroling and Christmas service. Surprisingly, I had managed to finish all my Christmas shopping in time for everybody!

At Watch Nite Service, Uncle Richard encouraged us to make 3 resolutions: Devotion to God, Devotion to my family, and Devotion to the Church. Very insightful. Very big commitment. Sets me thinking too…

On Christmas, Daphne gave me a calendar with a Bible Trivia for each day…and I’ll do my best to share them…
For this week…
1. In Jesus’ parable of the talents, how many talents were earned by the man who received five?
2.
In what kind of countryside is Jerusalem set?
3. Who was told to go wash in the Jordan seven times?
4.
When Hebrews (2:6-8) says that “someone” once said, “what are human beings that you are mindful of them, or mortals, that you care for them?”, what reference is being quoted?
5.
Into what Israelite tribe was Moses born?
6.
What does Jesus say we need to do before making an offering to God?

Answers will be out erm…soon?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home