Rants of the RuTHi3

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I cheated...

Despite the candle wick burning to the end, and all the crap work from colleagues and stuffs, there’s still the fun element in the job. I guess it’s also because there’s the heart to be in the front line service?
I always call myself the hypocrite, because I can be real tired and grouchy with a colleague, and yet be cheerful when the phone rings.
I remember once, I was really pissed with a contractor and was really firm and fierce, that even boss knew I was mad. Immediately after a phone call, I had a meeting with a guest. And it was a happy face when I greeted her. How hypocritical, right? My colleague calls it professionalism. *shrug*

Anyway, fun conversation over the phone last evening…
Guest: Hi! My name is Mr. XYZ, and I’d like to make a reservation for tonight.
Ruth: Hi Mr. XYZ! It's for 2 persons?
Guest: Yes
Ruth: And it's your wedding anniversary?
Guest: Good guess…
Ruth: Actually, no. I cheated. Your wife called about half hour ago to make a reservation under your name.
Guest: Oh! She did!?
Ruth: Let's confirm the mobile number to be sure…


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home